What is eco-friendly, naturally sustainable Coir Peat?
The coconut husk fields longer coir fibres, used for making ropes, matting, nettingetc. Previously the non-fibrous material (a corky, pith like material) was dumped, but now it is screened to giveconsistent particle size and organic matter content, and baled for use as an alternative to peat moss. Since its introduction to the market, Coir Peat has found uses in many horticultural applications – including greens constructions.
Why Use coir Peat
• Coir Peat is 100 % Natural
• Coir Peat is an Excellent medium for plant growth
• Coir Peat Improves physical & biological condition of soil
• Coir Peat has High moisture retention
• Coir Peat Improves aeration
• Coir Peat Reduces frequency of irrigation
• Coir Peat Enhances strong and healthy root system
• Coir Peat has a Better yield
• Coir Peat Contains natural enzymes and plant nutrients
• Coir Peat Stimulates the production of phytohormones.
• Coir Peat Promotes vegetative growth
• Coir Peat has Hygroscopic properties
• Coir Peat Produces crops for up to five years
• Coir Peat has No harmful environmental impact
• Coir Peat is A natural soil less hydroponicgrowing medium
• Coir Peat produces Excellent quality and high yield vegetable and cut flower crops
Sunlight, air, water and nutrients are the basic requirements for healthy plant growth. However, a good growth medium is a vital link essential for the proper utilisation of nutrient and water. The global agro-industry has been facing a serious crisis due to the steady build up of biological resistance to chemical pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Improper use of chemical fertilizers in soil leads to altering the physical and chemical properties of soil and pollutes the biosphere.
Water holding capacity – 600 to 700%
Nitrogen – 0.50%
Phosphate – 0.03%
Potash – 0.25%
Organic Carbon – 10 to 12%
pH – 6.5 to 7.5 %
Conductivity – Less than 0.5 milli/mhos
C/N Ratio – 1:0.02
Total Organic Matter – 75 to 85%
Coir Peat is available in the following
Glasshouse/ Greenhouse applications.
peat processing companies.
Compressed Grow bags
for Glasshouse/Greenhouse applications.
Compressed Quick fill bags
used for Glasshouse/ Greenhouse applications.
Compressed Naked Planks
used for Glasshouse/ Greenhouse applications
The benefits of using Coir Peat for hydroponic crops
A natural soil less hydroponic growing medium. Coir Peat is used for a wide range of hydroponic crop production throughout the world including: tomato, cucumber, egg plant, capsicum, zucchini, strawberry, melons, carnation, rose, gerbera, gypsophila, lisianthus, chrysanthemum etc.
No harmful environmental impact
Coir Peat serves as an organic alternate to Rockwool and perlite media without the environmental disposal issues.
Hydroponic crop production using Coir Peat offers the opportunity to consistently maximize yield and quality with minimal environmental impact associated with utilization of this renewable resource.
Excellent quality and high yield vegetable and cut flower crops The high water holding capacity provides a buffer in high temperatures and high crop load demand without compromising air supply. The presence of organic compounds in Coir Peat can stimulate root growth and offer some natural resistance to plant disease.
Produces crops for up to five years.
Provided careful hygiene and crop management is practiced, Coir Peat can be used for successive production cycles with short term crops, and can produce crops like roses for up to five years.